Please Click LIKE to like my blog. Thanks for support

Follow by Email

Friday, July 30, 2010

How to Import PEGGY PE and Growth figure

Stock Price RM1.00

Earnings per share:
Year end Dec 2009  RM0.08 (Actual)
Year end Dec 2010  RM0.09 (forecast)
Year end Dec 2011  RM0.11 (forecast)
Year end Dec 2012  RM0.125 (forecast)

Example now is July 2010. You can use 2009, or coming year end 2010 forcast earnings because actual coming year end should be quite close to forcast.
RM1.00 divided by RM0.09 = 11.11x
So PE ratio is 11.11x

Growth is from what earnings you have used (RM0.09) up to maximum forcast you can get (RM0.125 year end Dec 2012).

RM0.035 for two years. So, RM0.09 grow 17.9% per year, for two years to reach RM0.125.


  1. good afternoon, i presume the eps mentioned is for one whole fiscal year right? if quarterly should be eps x4 (assuming 4 quarters per fiscal year)? so the PE would be price/(eps x4)?

    Thks frm noob

  2. Yes, the EPS is for the whole year.
    Polite Market

  3. hi, do i need to forecast the price as well or remain constant for next 2 years(assumed).

    Thanks from me

    1. Remain constant, that is what most analysts do.




Disclaimer Clause
The information contained in this blog is my personal diary and has been prepared solely for myself. Without any previous reading material or discussion, by just reading my blog contents, reader may misunderstand the contents.
All the contents I am talking to myself and most contents are hypothetical or imaginary.
This blog has been compiled in good faith, with no intention to cause hurt, loss, or any trouble. No representation is (either express or implied) as to the completeness or accuracy of the information it contains.
This blog also is not an advice, recommendation or an invitation to buy or sell or invest in anything, eg shares, futures, derivatives, gold, etc. Consult your investment adviser before making any decisions.
The copyright of the material contained in my blog remains solely with me. You shall not copy, reproduce and / or distribute this information without my permission.