Please Click LIKE to like my FACEBOOK blog. Thanks for support

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Reason Why Squash is Not in Olympic

Which sports will be in the Olympics are determined by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). Factors to consider include whether it is widely practiced around the world. Many sports are in and out of Olympics since the Games started.
The 2012 Summer Olympics in London have 26 sports and two additional sports will be added to the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio.

One sport, can further divided into several disciplines, sometimes being commonly refereed to separate sports. For example Aquatics has five disciplines, 1) Swimming, 2) synchronized swimming, 3) Diving, 4) water polo, 5) open water swimming

A Discipline can further divided into several events, and each event a gold medal is actually awarded.

The two sports that will be added into the 2016 Olympics are Golf and Ruby Seven.

Bowling, Squash, Snooker, Karate, etc will not be in the 2016 Games.


Why Squash is Not in Olympics?
The committees are mostly concerned about the difficulties in televising the sport. Camera angles are difficult and hard for audience to see the ball. Also, the argument between referee and players.

The Squash Committee has made some changes and hopefully the sport will be in the 2020 Olympics games.

Changes:
1) Glass Floors and wall
2) New scoring system
3) Extra referees
4) Video replays inside venue


Now that with High Definition (HD) camera/ TV, it overcomes the concern that TV viewers unable to see the ball.

With World Champion Nicol David from Malaysia, I think most Malaysian will want Squash to be in the Olympic Games.

I want to say that Datuk Lee Chong Wei did a very good job, so close. I think we should not have the mentality that we can only win our first Olympic Gold Metal via Squash. With so many countries managed to do it, I think Malaysia Boleh.



1)Please add my blog link to your blog.
2)Please join Google Friend Connect in my blog.
3)Please click facebook "LIKE" if you like my blog.
4)If you are using mobile, please click/change to web base in order to see my facebook "LIKE" and Google Friend Connect.
http://politemarket.blogspot.com


Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Disclaimer

Disclaimer Clause
The information contained in this blog is my personal diary and has been prepared solely for myself. Without any previous reading material or discussion, by just reading my blog contents, reader may misunderstand the contents.
All the contents I am talking to myself and most contents are hypothetical or imaginary. I REPEAT !!! most contents are hypothetical or imaginary!!!!!
This blog has been compiled in good faith, with no intention to cause hurt, loss, or any trouble. No representation is (either express or implied) as to the completeness or accuracy of the information it contains.
This blog also is not an advice, recommendation or an invitation to buy or sell or invest in anything, eg shares, futures, derivatives, gold, etc. Consult your investment adviser before making any decisions.
The copyright of the material contained in my blog remains solely with me. You shall not copy, reproduce and / or distribute this information without my permission.